How to Claim?

Fortunately, you will be pleased to read that the process for green slips claims is very quick and straightforward to complete. As long as you follow the correct procedure your claim will be processed speedily. So, how do you go about claiming?

You need to complete and submit an Accident Notification Form in order to claim anything up to $5000 in respect of lost earnings and early medical treatment. This form can be obtained here, from your doctor, at hospitals or you can telephone the Claims Advisory Service on 1300 656 919.

How should the Accident Notification Form be completed and lodged for Green Slips claims?

In order to complete the form you will require information about how the accident happened, details of the vehicles involved and personal information about yourself such as your employment. The form has to be sent to the Compulsory Third Party insurer no later than 28 days after the accident.

If you wish to claim compensation in excess of $5000 you will need to make a full compensation claim under the Motor Accidents Scheme by submitting a Personal Injury Claim Form.

How should the Personal Injury Claim Form be completed and lodged for Green Slips claims?

The Personal Injury Claim Form should be submitted to the Compulsory Third Party insurer within six months of the accident taking place.

If you require any assistance in completing the form you can contact the Motor Accidents Authority of NSW’s Claims Advisory Service on 1300 656 919 or email

If you think you may need legal advice, phone the NSW Law Society on (02) 9926 0333

(Source Nov 2011)

General Advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on advice, consider its appropriateness. Consider our disclosure documents, which include our FSG and Product disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.