What happens if I am injured in a motor vehicle accident?


If you suffer injuries as a result of a motor vehicle accident and it is shown that another driver was ‘at fault’, you may be entitled to make a claim for damages against the other driver’s CTP insurance policy. If you are held to be at fault in the accident you can lodge an Accident Notification Form which entitles you to claim up to $5,000 worth of lost earnings and medical expenses. If your injuries are severe, you may also be entitled to make a claim under the government’s Lifetime Care and Support Scheme. For more information on the eligibility requirements of this Scheme, visit www.lifetimecare.nsw.gov.au. Alternatively, for severe injuries, you may be entitled to a lump sum benefit under the Insurance policy wording.


General Advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on advice, consider its appropriateness. Consider our disclosure documents, which include our FSG and Product disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.